What to do if you’ve been arrested for a DUI. Free Report

1. Take the matter seriously. This can follow you for the rest of your life and could cost you thousands of dollars if you get arrested again.

2. If your license is taken away, you need to prepay for an SR-22 endorsement to your policy. Your insurance company must notify the Division in advance, if you do not maintain your insurance.

3. Hire an attorney with reasonable, predictable fees. Call us (225) 706-3333

4. Obtain a temporary license and request a hearing at the DMV within 15 days if your license was taken when you failed or refused to take an alcohol test.

5. Do not drive after your license has been suspended.

6. Subpoena the officer to be present at your motor vehicle hearing. This ensures that the hearing will not be based on the officer’s report only.

7. Make the State prove it’s case by not taking the District Attorney’s first offer.

8. Make sure you appear in Court.

9. Don’t talk to anyone but your attorney about the case.

10. Don’t assume that talking to numerous attorneys will help you handle it on your own. You need to have an attorney in Court with you.

The information contained on this Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal or other advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. Viewers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.

phone (225) 706-3333                www.brlegalhelp.com
fax (225) 706-1524                      3999 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

The Brouillette Law Firm provides skillful representation for clients located throughout the State of Louisiana, including the communities of Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, Alexandria, Monroe, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Covington, and all of the surrounding areas.


Recent Posts