Top 5 Things to do if you are sued:
- Act immediately. Call your attorney who can properly handle your case.
- Notify your insurance agent as well as your attorney. Your insurance agent may hire an attorney for you, or they may tell you that they will not defend you.
- When you are served a summons, you have 30 days to respond, but you should take action sooner. Your attorney will go to court and file an answer on your behalf.
- Do not talk to the opposing attorney. Anything you say can be used against you at a trial.
- Talk to your lawyer about a game plan. Call us we can help. (225) 706-3333